Mariabruna Sirabella and Sue Gelber Trainings
Trainings with Mariabruna Sirabella and Staff
Mariabruna Sirabella has studied with Seena for over two decades and has been conducting SoulCollage® Facilitator Trainings in the USA, Canada, Europe and South America since 2007. She will be assisted by other experienced staff.
~ For information about these Trainings, CONTACT TRAINING ~
Seena Frost, Sue Gelber, and Mariabruna Sirabella
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions: MFTs, MSWs, LPCs, psychologists and nurses.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists: Continuing education credit for Marriage & Family Therapists is awarded in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program. Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists will receive 24 clinical continuing education clock hours upon completing this program.
Nurses:As an American Psychological Association approved provider CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Nurses completing this program receive 24 CE hours of credit.
CEUs are available if requested by the deadline of 14 days previous to your Training for any of the following licenses. The fee is $25 for each license. Contact the office to arrange after you register and at least one week prior to the Training.
Sign up to receive updates on our Trainings.
There has been quite a demand for these Trainings, so please register as early as possible for your preferred date. Participants will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Description of the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training
The SoulCollage Facilitator Training is a training for people who want to facilitate individuals and groups in making and using SoulCollage® cards, rather than a SoulCollage® workshop or SoulCollage® retreat focused on individual process and card-making.
Anyone who is interested in forming SoulCollage® groups or in using SoulCollage® in already established groups (such as church groups, women's groups, senior groups, hospice, educational classes) or as an art technique as an adjunct to other kinds of groups, classes, or workshops, and who has completed the preparation and pre-requisites, is welcome to register.
These trainings have attracted many therapists and art therapists, as it appears many love the SoulCollage® process and see readily how it can be used in their particular work. Training participants network with each other and share how to adapt the SoulCollage® process to their clientele. Some ministers and lay clergy have also come to be able to facilitate SoulCollage® in their ministry. However, we want to stress that no degree or other credentialing is needed to register for this course. Experience with SoulCollage® and enthusiasm for its use in one's own life are the chief criteria for participation in this Training.
No degrees or certifications are necessary to take this training, but in order for everyone to enter the Training with similar basic experience, it is required that participants prepare by:
Before you come, to a Training, it is required to:
- Read SoulCollage® Evolving
- Listen to Seena Frost's two basic CDs (Introduction to SoulCollage® and Facilitating SoulCollage® in Groups) - Both are also available for purchase and digital download at the iTunes store.
- Make several cards for your own deck in three of the suits (one card in the Companions Suit is sufficient). We want you to have a working knowledge of the SoulCollage® process, its structure of suits, and its Principles.
- Experience SoulCollage®! Mariabruna Sirabella, SoulCollage® Trainer, has said that making cards without reading them is like preparing a delicious meal and not eating it. We would like you to have enjoyed your meal by
- Using the "I Am One Who..." exercise with your cards yourself
- Taking a local workshop if you can find one, or a recorded course if you can't find a local one.
If you can't find a SoulCollage® Introductory workshop near you, you can take a recorded video course which will give you a sense of the deep potential of the SoulCollage® process in community and also give you some valuable basic information. There are two "Fundamentals of SoulCollage®" courses to choose from online:
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of SoulCollage® with Mariabruna Sirabella
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of SoulCollage® with Kat Kirby
If you decide to sign up for this Training, please schedule your time to complete these prerequisites. Your Trainer and your Training colleagues will appreciate that you have completed the basics before you come.
This three-day SoulCollage® Facilitator Training is required in order to call yourself a SoulCollage® Facilitator and your groups SoulCollage® Groups. If you are sharing SoulCollage® in groups before being Trained, please read Principles of SoulCollage® and SoulCollage® Guidelines. The first part of the Principles will tell you what is included in a SoulCollage® workshop. The last few paragraphs will tell you how you are permitted to advertise your groups before completing the Training. If you want to use SoulCollage® in your work, you must prepare for and complete all sessions of the Facilitator Training.
Certificate of Completion
Individuals who complete the SoulCollage® Training will receive a certificate of attendance and may use the SoulCollage® trademark in doing individual or group work according to the Principles of SoulCollage®.
SoulCollage® trains, rather than "certifies", Facilitators, as a short Training is not sufficient to "certify" anyone.
What the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training Covers
- How to facilitate SoulCollage® card-making, including ways to support self-esteem and avoid competition and self-criticism.
- How to implement a container which both protects and encourages self-discovery, without the Facilitator doing therapy.
- Ways to adapt the process to different individual issues and different populations.
- Demonstration of ceremonial work with SoulCollage® cards.
- Discussion about how to use the internet to support and encourage "SoulCollage" community, including the SoulCollage® Facilitators' listserv or Yahoo private group, the private Facilitators' Facebook page, the Facilitator's "Neter Letter" newsletter, and how trained SoulCollage® Facilitators post referral listings and their bio pages on the soulcollage.com website.
- Help in envisioning a plan for facilitating SoulCollage® that fits your own passions, intentions, and competencies.
- We will make cards, share cards, and use our own processes as teaching examples for facilitator training. Participants bring all the SoulCollage® cards they have made so far to use in the group exercises Seena will be demonstrating.
- We will also share some ways to avoid the pitfalls and challenges that might arise when one is working with individuals and groups using the powerful spiritual and personal images of SoulCollage® by talking about the ethical model in the book The Ethics of Caring by Kylea Taylor who is also a SoulCollage® Trainer.
- The SoulCollage® Registered Trademark
The word "SoulCollage" has been trademarked in order to differentiate the process from other collage processes and to provide the training and professional community support we feel would be important to ethical work in groups with the cards.
We ask that people only use the phrases “SoulCollage® Facilitator” or “SoulCollage® Group” if they have been trained by Trainers licensed by SoulCollage, Inc. Others may say in their advertising that they will be working in the group "using the process of SoulCollage® as described in Seena B. Frost's book, SoulCollage® Evolving". It seems a small distinction, but it is important to us to use the trademark in certain ways that will gradually become recognizable to people as the work spreads.
The trademark "soulcollage" cannot be used in an electronic identity (not as an email address or domain name, etc.) without a written contract with SoulCollage Inc.