What is SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is an intuitive collage process for self-discovery and community. People make their own decks of collaged cards for their personal use from images found in purchased or donated magazines, calendars, books, cards, etc. and from stock photos and/or personal materials (e.g., photos, one’s own art). The SoulCollage® process helps people discover their unique inner/outer guides and challengers, and to explore and express their unique soul in its lightness as well as its shadow. It is also fun to do, individually and in community!. Visit About SoulCollage® for more information.
Who founded SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® was created by Founder Seena B. Frost (1932-2016). The seed of SoulCollage® sprouted in the late 1980s and was nurtured locally by Seena and her groups and clients near her home in central California until 2001. Seena was a licensed Marriage & Family therapist and held Master’s degrees in psychology and theology. Seena has been a teacher and inspiration as the SoulCollage® community has grown into a worldwide organization.
Kylea Taylor and Jim Schofield published Seena's book in 2001. At the second Training of SoulCollage® Facilitators, a woman from Australia came to become a SoulCollage® Facilitator. It became clear at that moment to Seena, Kylea, and Jim that SoulCollage would have a global appeal. Kylea and Jim have provided the vision and guidance for the SoulCollage® international community since its beginning, and they continue to do so, incorporating the experience and wise counsel of SoulCollage® Trainers, SoulCollage® Facilitators, and contractors. Collectively, as a new paradigm organization, all are supporting the continuing the international evolution of SoulCollage®.
What attracts people to SoulCollage®?
People who are attracted to SoulCollage® are usually motivated to do self-discovery and are attracted to the opportunity of doing so in community with like-minded people. They fall in love with this creative method, wherein they, and anyone can make satisfying, meaningful personal art and use it to answer their own life's questions.
What is the intention or purpose of SoulCollage®?
The intention of SoulCollage® is to offer a flexible, creative, accessible, and inclusive tool that can be used as a practice for our own exploring, healing, and empowering evolution, so that each one of us can manifest our SoulEssence (our unique potential) locally and globally in increasingly balanced, compassionate, and joy-filled forms, both individually and in community.
What are the main activities of the SoulCollage® process?
- Making SoulCollage® cards
- Journaling with individual SoulCollage® cards
- Consulting your SoulCollage® cards (doing SoulCollage® Readings)
- Sharing SoulCollage® cards, readings, and personal discoveries in community
What are the basic Principles of SoulCollage®?
The Principles of SoulCollage® describe in brief, bulleted statements the structure of the SoulCollage® process and the basic guidelines for doing SoulCollage® with integrity. Please read these Principles before going further.
What is the structure of a SoulCollage® deck?
- There is no set number of cards in a SoulCollage® deck.
- There are four suits which give image to “The Many” parts of our world. The four suits are: Committee (parts of our psyche), Community (real people or places with whom we are in relationship), Companions (our physical (chakra) energies), and Council (archetypes).
- There are three Transpersonal Cards that give image to “The One.” The Transpersonal cards are: Source, SoulEssence, and Witness.
- SoulCollagers are encouraged to make cards in all suits eventually, but there is no particular requirement for making cards. Everyone makes cards in her or his own way and time.
What are the key elements of the SoulCollage® process?
Please see the Principles of SoulCollage®.
How can I learn more about how to do SoulCollage®?
- There are books and CDs (and downloadable audios)
- There are online classes including the Fundamentals of SoulCollage® and many other topics
- SoulCollage® publications include a blog, a public newsletter, short videos, and many Soul-cial Media™ sites (Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and more) devoted to SoulCollage®.
- Thousands of trained SoulCollage® Facilitators in over 40 countries hold workshops in which you can experience making and reading your own cards in community.
Can I share the SoulCollage® process with others after I read the book?
SoulCollage® is a fun and meaningful activity to share with your family and friends. After you have read the book you may enjoy:
- Making time to be with friends to make cards, use the I Am One Who… exercise, and do a SoulCollage® Reading together
- Attending a SoulCollage® workshop, course or retreat together. Visit www.soulcollage.me/ws to find a workshop in your region or online.
- Please note: To learn how to give SoulCollage® workshops, or to use the SoulCollage® process with clients, you should attend the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training. SoulCollage® Facilitators are granted permission to use the SoulCollage® trademark to hold groups and workshops, have access to many additional online resources, and experience worldwide colleagiality.
What is a SoulCollage® Workshop?
A SoulCollage® Workshop (or SoulCollage® Group, SoulCollage® Course, or SoulCollage® Retreat)…
- Is facilitated by a trained SoulCollage® Facilitator.
- Always follows the Principles of SoulCollage®.
- Creates an environment that supports creativity, self-esteem, and cooperation, rather than competition.
- Creates a safe environment for people to freely explore and express themselves.
- Is held in many locations around the world by SoulCollage® Facilitators, both in person and online. Visit www.soulcollage.com/workshops to find a workshop near you. Or click FIND WORKSHOPS on the soulcollage.com homepage where workshops are sorted by location and by Facilitator's name.
Why is SoulCollage® trademarked?
SoulCollage® is trademarked in the USA and abroad in order to assure that everyone is able to experience the process as it was originally intended. Trademarking the process ensured high standards for the brand and for the quality of the training of SoulCollage® Facilitators, who have permission to use the trademark in their workshops after completing a SoulCollage® Facilitator Training.
Who does SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is for everyone because it meets people wherever they are on this journey called life! No one has to be an artist to make SoulCollage® cards and have the satisfaction of meaningful creativity. Currently SoulCollage® is being used by people of every age as a tool in a wide variety of locations. See also below: What are the ways in which SoulCollage® has been used professionally?
What are the values of SoulCollage®?
Each SoulCollager has her or his own unique set of values, but we have found that most SoulCollagers value creativity, integrity, acceptance, cooperation, inclusivity, diversity, positive and direct communication, mutual encouragement, and generous support to others. Most SoulCollagers value deep, ongoing self-discovery and the importance of community. Seena Frost, in her audio, SoulCollage® and Paradigm Shift, talks about the role of these new paradigm values in the evolution of human culture.
The SoulCollage® motto was written collectively in community and expresses the empowering intent of SoulCollage®: Discover Your Wisdom. Change Your World.™
What about copyright and SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is grateful to the artists and photographers who make this deep awakening process possible. SoulCollage® seeks to be respectful of their rights under copyright law. In addition, SoulCollage Inc. teaches:
- SoulCollage® cards are not to be copied, sold, traded, or bartered. SoulCollage® cards are for personal use only.
- SoulCollage® cards may only be copied by the card maker to provide a backup for their own original deck of collaged cards in case of loss. The SoulCollage® App may be used as this sole digital back up.
- SoulCollage® cards are to be shared publicly only when sharing one’s own personal process.
- Public posting of SoulCollage® cards made with copyrighted images may be in violation of copyright law.
- It is advisable to collage cards from copyright-free images for posting publicly and marketing.
- As a community we share our cards responsibly, in order, 1) to protect the rights of those who create our images, 2) to protect ourselves, and 3) to protect this work.
How Global is SoulCollage®?
In 2004 at the second SoulCollage® Facilitator Training, a participant came from Australia and SoulCollage® started to spread beyond the United States. In 2016 we have trained almost 3000 Facilitators, most of whom are sharing SoulCollage® in their 42 countries. Seena Frost's book, SoulCollage® Evolving has been translated and printed into Dutch, German, and Mandarin so far and many other translations are in process. A Translations Coordinator coordinates translation by Facilitators of Seena's many publications, the SoulCollage® Training materials, and various handouts and publications. SoulCollage® Facilitator Trainings have been held or scheduled, so far, in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Nederlands, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the UK.
How does C.G. Jung’s concept of “Larger Story” relate to SoulCollage®?
When we work with our SoulCollage® deck we are able to see our personal story (Jung referred to this as our “local story”.) We are also able to begin to see how our own “local story” weaves into the “Larger Story” which connects us to all humankind.
Is SoulCollage® therapy?
SoulCollage® is a creative educational tool, which is not in itself a therapy. Some Facilitators, who are already licensed as therapists or art therapists, may use SoulCollage® as an adjunct to the various types of therapies for which they are already licensed; however, SoulCollage® Facilitators do not need to be therapists to support others in their use of the SoulCollage® process for creative self-expression.
What are the ways in which SoulCollage® has been used professionally?
SoulCollage® is very adaptable and has been used with many different groups of people in various applications. Trained SoulCollage® Facilitators have brought SoulCollage® to contexts and populations they are already working with: religious groups, therapy, addictions recovery, education, business and organizational development, medical treatment, children, teens, seniors, differently-abled folks, prison, cancer treatment, hospice, conflict resolution, and many more. A partial list of the Applications and Contexts of SoulCollage® that we know about is available HERE.
What is the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training?
- The Training’s intention is to prepare and support SoulCollage® Facilitators to hold workshops and retreats in which they will share SoulCollage® with participants who want to enjoy making and using their own personal SoulCollage® cards.
- The Training offers a minimum of 24 class hours.
- There are no education or degree requirements to become a SoulCollage® Facilitator.
- Certain prerequisites are required. Please see pre-requisites for how to prepare for the Facilitator Training.
- Trainings are held throughout the world by officially designated SoulCollage® Trainers. See the list of currently scheduled SoulCollage® Facilitator Trainings.
How does someone become a SoulCollage® Trainer?
A SoulCollage® Trainer is someone who has been invited by SoulCollage Inc. to participate in a mentored apprenticeship program to learn how to present the SoulCollage® Training program. Potential Trainers are invited based on a number of factors. These include: two years' experience as an active SoulCollage® Facilitator, demonstrated need for another Trainer, language skills, geographical residence, enthusiasm, their existing presentation skills, experience, willingness, and demonstrated skill in working cooperatively and creatively in community, and personal and professional references.
What do I need to know if I want to write about SoulCollage®?
Bloggers, social networkers, videographers, and those writing books or articles about SoulCollage®, should:
- Write “SoulCollage®” as one word, not two, using the registered trademark symbol.
- Capitalize and italicize “I Am One Who…”
- Call SoulCollage® cards “SoulCollage® cards”, rather than some shortened version of that term, in order to avoid confusion with other products and techniques.
- Attribute the SoulCollage® process to its Founder, Seena B. Frost, and link readers to her book and the SoulCollage® international website: www.soulcollage.com.
- Be conscious of copyright issues when selecting personal cards to illustrate your writing in a public way. (See copyright section above.)
- Include the statement “SoulCollage® cards are not to be copied, sold, traded, or bartered. SoulCollage® cards are for personal use only.” in an appropriate location on blogs, websites and in articles.
Quoting or paraphrasing
If you quote Seena B. Frost (from her books, audios, or other materials), or quote Seena or other Facilitators from SoulCollage® Training materials or other original works in articles, handouts, electronic media, or publications, it is only ethical to do so if you cite the source either at the point of inclusion with the name of the source, or provide that information with a footnote, or at the end of the text as an endnote, using an asterisk or a footnote number. Permission of an author or publisher is needed for use of more than a brief citation.
What is the role of SoulCollage Inc. with the worldwide SoulCollage® Community?
SoulCollage Inc. exists to be in service to the worldwide SoulCollage® Community. Its goal is to provide a flexible structure to nurture the growth of SoulCollage® so it can empower increasing numbers of people throughout the world to use their own intuition to guide their own lives. Jim and Kylea who own the company do all they can to facilitate evolutionary leadership among the entreprenurs (SoulCollage® Facilitators, SoulCollage® Trainers, and SoulCollage® Virtual Assistants) in the SoulCollage® Community so that new pardigm organizational values are sustained as the community evolves. See also above: What are the values of SoulCollage®?